CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Time Management.........Procrastination

This sort of relates back to my previous post. For those of you who work another J.O.B full time and work your Mary Kay business, how do you do it? How do you get Mary Kay stuff accomplished. I begin work at 8am and leave a 4:30pm with a half-hour lunch. My J.O.B is so busy it isn't even funny but my mind runs Mary Kay all day. The next thing I know my day is over and I didn't get anything accomplished. Any ideas to help?

I have research alot about Time Management and the Mary Kay business. I am very eager to know how everyone does it. My new habits or goals are....every night sit down and make you six most important things list. I have a spiral notebook and I am a list for work, a list for Mary kay and a list for personal. I am also going to school so I have a list for that too. I try really hard to get the things on each list done that day and the ones that I don't transfer to the next day. Some days it is easier than others but I keep trying.

My #1 problem is PROCRASTINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am the biggest procrastinator. I absolutely hate this about me. I can have a list of people to call and just stare at it...What is up with that??
I have been wanting to get a newsletter out for some time now and I work on it here and there but can never find the time to finish it up and get it out. NEED TO DO THAT ONE!!
I love getting ideas from people and finding out what else I can do to improve my business but actually doing them is another thing. Any advice?? I sure could use it here.

10 comments:

Pink Bren said...

1jluvsmeMKHeart...Time management is somethng that I have a hard thing with too. The thing is we can't spread ourselves to thin. I think that you can make a living at MK you just have to have enough customers that someone is ordering something everyday.

About recruiting, DON'T RECRUIT EVERYTHING THAT BREATHS. This is something that I think some do. However if everyone is selling then who is going to buy. So everyone is not cut out to be in MK. Just take this one slow I think.

I also think that we need to master the booking and selling and I truly believe that the recruiting will fall into place. So with that said just keep keeping on.

Have a GOOD DAY

Shades of Pink said...

I work full time and work MK around that job. My husband up and quit his job and now I'm supporting both of us on an income that barely supports one! That by itself has cured me of my procrastination. I work 30 miles away from my home. I leave my house by 7:00 a.m. each day and get home well after 6:00 p.m. When I get home I am exhausted. My job is talking on the phone til I'm hoarse with people who want to argue. It's real pleasant, let me tell you!

The more I despise my day job and my financial situation at home the more motivated I am to work my business harder. I am currently reading a fabulous book called Time Traps: Proven Strategies for Swamped Salespeople by Todd Duncan. I'm not very far into the book, but it is great. It starts by discouraging time management and focusing instead on task management. I want to be driving free by this time next year and submitting DIQ shortly thereafter. My current team members want to work. They don't necessarily want to be directors, but they want to work and that's a start.

Pink Bren said...

mkheart...sorry about the 1jluvsme i don't know how that happened but it did sorry.

MKheart said...

Pink Bren... that's okay. I agree that I need to take recruiting slow and master booking and sales and so that is exactly what I am going to do!!

Thanks!!

MKheart said...

Shades....WOW! You are one busy women. Is your husband looking to find something different?

Thanks for telling me about the book. I am going to go and get it. Maybe it will help me.

Shades of Pink said...

I think focusing on booking and selling will lead to recruiting. People will see you making money and then they may want to ask you how they can do what you do. ;) My goal is sell at least $2000 retail each month.
My husband is still trying to get jobs going with his business endeavor. Hopefully, he will get a break soon!

MKheart said...

Shades...What is your plan for selling at least $2000 retail each month? Anything special.

Just curious!

Shades of Pink said...

I have a goal to see 15 faces minimally each month and hold at least 2 classes per week. I visualize it by making a sales goal for selling 20 Miracle Sets in a month. That would put me at $2000 retail easily. The challenge I am having is getting these appointments to hold. I have one that keeps postponing. As long as she doesn't cancel altogether I'm optimistic. I call as many people as I can to invite to meetings or book for appointments.
I don't think I really answered your question. :-S

Anonymous said...

Testing...

Anonymous said...

NSD Yvonne Lemon worked her MK around family and job doing this. She held classes ONLY on Saturday of every week. In fact, she did three classes every Saturday. She spent time during the work week meeting women and scheduling those classes. She worked smart (not hard) by asking and receiving committment to bringing 1-2 friends with each woman who scheduled attendance. Pre-profiling was a must. FUN was a must too! The real point here though was that she developed a system of time management. She knew where and when her classes would be on any given Sat. The women came to her. Her time was precious in her goal of moving up. I think her plan was a good one-lol! I believe she said she used her training center to hold the majority of those classes. It was a joy to listen to her talk about her strategy!